MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for raising the visibility and awareness of REI Oklahoma ensuring the organization achieves its plans for growth while staying in alignment with its mission, vision, and values.
This individual will report to the Senior Director of Marketing and Development and is responsible for executing REI Oklahoma’s marketing and communication efforts designed to build client base, support fundraising efforts, and promote its various programs and services.
The position will be located in one of the REI Oklahoma offices.
- Durant, OK
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Work with Senior Director of Marketing and Development to develop integrated marketing and communications plan.
- Manage organizational image in a cohesive way to identify and connect with new and existing clients, partners and donors.
- Design, create, test, promote and monitor all digital and print marketing initiatives.
- Create all social media posts and drive strategy and metrics for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Manage website, which includes language and graphic updates, Google Ad Grants, and monthly Google analytic reports to drive strategy.
- Monitor, report and present on online engagement analytics (web, email, social media, earned media).
- Leverage key engagement metrics across platforms to optimize content, messaging, and distributions.
- Achieve relevant actionable tasks that help accomplish quantitative marketing metrics of success.
- Create and maintain editorial calendar for web, email, and social media.
- Capture client stories and manager story log.
- Manage network-wide digital asset library.
- Develop and implement video production strategy and maintain production equipment.
- Assist with writing press releases in AP Style, pitching media, enhancing relationships with reporters and capturing clippings.
- Copywriting for all marketing mediums.
- Generate custom reports as requested for senior leadership and board of directors.
- Maintain email marketing database and keep current with emerging technologies.
- Prioritize projects and goals to meet deadlines.
- Support special event logistics and philanthropic efforts.
- Assist in developing promotional materials.
- Represent REI Oklahoma at events.
- Perform other appropriate and related responsibilities as assigned by supervisor or Chief Operating Officer.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- A wide degree of creativity and adaptability is required.
- Excellent conceptual, written and verbal skills; including engaging storytelling.
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proven results in implementing and evaluating marketing and communications strategic plans.
- Proven results in managing social media platforms and analytics technologies to engage a diverse audience.
- Experience with website editing and photography. Videography experience is a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, community partners, organizations and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with diverse individuals.
- Protect and exercises discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to learn and master other computer technology/software programs, as needed.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude with a high energy level while being flexible and adaptable.
- Proficient in Canva, Microsoft Office Suite and InDesign. WordPress experience is a plus.
- Creativity in design and development of marketing materials.
- Ability to relate to objectives and goals of all programs.
- Ability to relate to needs of small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Strong organization skills, meeting deadlines and prioritizing work.
Marketing, communication, public relations, or similar degree plus 3 or more years related experience in marketing/communication/public relations or fundraising field preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal or corrected vision in normal to near normal range.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
REI Oklahoma provides benefits and support to help you with the things that really matter:
- Employer paid medical/life/long-term disability
- Paid vacation/sick time
- 403(b) with excellent company match
- Cancer/short-term disability/accident/hospital
- Voluntary life
- 14 paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible 36 hour work week
- Incentive plan
- Wellness plan
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
REI Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer.